Friday, March 15, 2013

{Project Life} .. What I think of the Kindle

Let me start off by saying that never in a million years did I think I would like a Kindle. I love the feel of real books way too much. I love visiting bookstores and libraries...just something about real books that I don't want to give up. With that said I also try to be opened minded. So, when my cute other half gave me a Kindle for Christmas I wasn't 100% overwhelmed but I figured "Hey I can at least give it a try.

Heres what I love...
I had no clue that it talked. I can listen to books while working out or when my other half is watching something I'm so completely bored with on the tube. How cool is that! Completely awesome! Have truly loved this feature.

I've read more books in the last three months than I read all of last year because of the mere fact that it is so convenient.

I can still highlight anything. I can also view a page of things I've highlighted without having to flip through the book.

Dictionary at a click...very cool.

It goes with me everywhere. Its so thin I can slip it in my purse and away I go. When I have a few minutes here and there it is so convenient and nice to pull out of my purse and read. Waiting in the car...watching kids play sports, at the Dr. office. It saves the page you are on. The minute you turn it on the page you last read appears. Its always with me because its so slim.

I have at any minute access to millions of books.

You can download hundreds of free books.

I have around 40 books in my purse at this very moment and they are quite light. :)

I haven't used this feature but you can read various blogs and newspapers on the Kindle everyday.

Although I won't and don't ever want to give up real books, bookstores or libraries, having the Kindle is quite a delight for someone who enjoys reading and wants to have immediate access.

Here's to the Kindle and being open minded. Happy Reading! And to all a good night or morning! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment